Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Save time with Flatbread

This is not my recipe, I found it online last week.  It is so easy and quick.  When I'm thinking of ways to save money, I always think about making my own bread.  However, making bread is so time consuming!  Even if the actual ingredient mixing doesn't take that long, you have to wait for it to rise which takes hours!  This is the beauty of flatbread, as the name suggests it is flat, or unleavened.  This griddle flatbread took no time at all.

If you follow the recipe you end up with four "loaves" of flatbread which are definitely large enough that half a "loaf" could make a sandwich.  Take twenty minutes out of your week and you've got quite a cache of sandwich-making paraphernalia.

Variations:

I used whole wheat flour and it was de-frickin-licious.  This bread would make good sandwich bread, but we ended up eating it with hummus!

No comments:

Post a Comment