Friday, May 29, 2009

Lemonade!, by Em

Sometimes, when I need a change from my normal water, coffee, or milk, I make myself a glass of lemonade, just to change it up.  I worked at a lemonade stand (seriously, a professional one!) for two summers in a row, so this is, more or less, the same proportions, only I don't usually have ice on hand, while we do keep a pitcher of water in the fridge.  Feel free to use either ice and water, or just cold water.

Ingredients:

Sugar
Water (or ice water)
Lemon juice
Ginger, minced (optional)

Directions:

This is going to be by proportions, so the actual amounts will vary, depending on whether you are making a single serving or a larger amount.

First, fill the glass (or pitcher) about 1/8-1/6 full of sugar.  Next, fill the remaining volume about 1/3 full with lemon juice.  Fill the rest of the way with water.  With larger containers, such as pitchers, you would want to leave about 1-1 1/2 inches empty at the top.

Stir contents and enjoy.  I just added the ginger for the first time yesterday and I added about a teaspoon to an 8 oz glass.  It was good, but because I like my food to have a kick, I'd probably add more next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment